The Ocean Quest trainer’s first duty is to ensure student safety. Success is measured by the progress of each student toward gaining the skills, knowledge and habits essential to minimize the risk of underwater activities related to coral propagation programs. The trainer is obligated to stimulate the acquisition of knowledge, understanding, physical skills, fitness and the formulation of safe personal diving practices during the coral propagation programs. In fulfilling this obligation, the trainer should:
– Ensure the safety of the students.
– Expose the students to varying points of view and theories.
– Instruct in all subject matters as required by Ocean Quest standards and policies.
– Present equipment of various manufacturers with fair and impartial comparisons of products by feature without degrading any manufacturers, except that the trainer is free to express honest opinions consistent with personal experiences.
– Personally follow all safe diving principles, recognizing that influence by example is the cornerstone to the development and promotion of safe diving practices in all Ocean Quest coral propagation programs.
– Instruct objectively, without favoritism or granting special advantage or placing special requirements, and not expose the students to prejudice, embarrassment or disparagement.
– Enroll and instruct any students physically and psychologically that are qualified and not engage in any arbitrary discriminatory practices or procedures. Maintain a level of physical, educational and professional competence meeting or exceeding the standards and policies established by Ocean Quest.
– Conduct all training sessions personally or arrange for them to be conducted by a designated qualified substitute Ocean Quest trainer.
– Certify only those students who have satisfactorily achieved the established standards of an Ocean Quest course and award certification materials within a reasonable period of time.
– Instruct in conformity with established organization standards and policies so that all students are eligible to be certified by the instructor upon satisfactory completion of the Ocean Quest course.
– Fully disclose to the prospective students all reasonably anticipated costs, charges, fees and assessments before enrollment or obligation is established.