There are six important chapters in the Coral Propagation Handbook:
1. Introduction to Coral Propagation – subject includes the benefits of coral propagation to the society and Environment.
2. Corals – subject includes types and forms of corals, their importance in the marine environment, coral reproduction and more.
3. Equipment for Coral Propagation – a comprehensive subject covering all aspect of the equipment and instruments for coral propagation.
4. Coral Broodstock Extraction and Handling – this subject covers proper procedures of extraction and handling corals. This is crucial step to ensure minimal impact and stress on the organism during the propagation process.
5. Substrate – a subject that covers all types of substrates used in coral restoration, their advantages and disadvantages. It includes an overview of all man-made materials and natural substrates.
6. Coral Propagation Methods and Techniques – this subject covers the coral propagation techniques invented by Ocean Quest.